Never Again Will One Generation Of Veterans Abandon Another
Who we are
Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 932 (The Rose Capital Chapter) is located in Tyler, Texas. The chapter organized in December of 2003, and was chartered in 2004 as a non-profit veteran’s service organization under Vietnam Veterans of America and Internal Revenue Code 501(c) (19); as a result any donations to the chapter are tax exempt.
Membership is open to U.S. armed force veterans who served on active duty (for other than training purposes) in the Republic of Vietnam between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975, or in any duty location between August 5, 1964 and May 7, 1975.
Families, friends, supporters, and veterans of other eras can join the Associates of Vietnam Veterans of America.
- To help foster, encourage, and promote the improvement of the condition of the Vietnam-era veteran.
- To promote physical and cultural improvement, growth and development, self-respect, self-confidence, and usefulness of Vietnam-era veterans and others.
- To eliminate discrimination suffered by Vietnam-era veterans and to develop channels of communication which will assist Vietnam-era veterans to maximize self-realization and enrichment of their lives and enhance lift-fulfillment.
- To study, on a non-partisan basis, proposed legislation, rules, or regulations introduced in any federal, state, or local legislative, or administrative body which may affect the social, economic, educational, or physical welfare of the Vietnam-era veteran of others; and to develop public-policy proposals designed to improve the quality of life of the Vietnam-era veteran and others, especially in the areas of employment, education training, and health.
- To assist disabled and needy military veterans including, but not limited to, Vietnam-era veterans and their dependents, and the widows and orphans of deceased veterans.
Officers and Directors
- President Larry Brown
- Vice President Leonard Doyle
- Treasurer Marlene Foust
- Secretary Marlene Foust
- Directors Josh Russell, Jack Clephas
- Directors Randy Rigg, Charles Kirkley
- AVVA Chairperson Martha Brown